Posted in Industry August 15, 2019
iGaming Releases Slots Rankings for June
As all our readers already know, we are giving out the exclusive data from the iGaming Tracker’s report which thoroughly analyses any movements in the online gambling industry, especially with slots.
We don’t know if NetEnt is ever going to leave the top spot with their legendary Starburst slot machine, but other slots are getting really close to it.
Top 20 Slots for June 2019
iGaming always releases a list of top 20 slot machines on a monthly basis, and, either fortunately or unfortunately, we have been seeing the same games every month for a long time. Massive jumps or drops in popularity aren’t that common, except during holidays when holiday-themed games sometimes appear in the top 20, going up by couple hundred spots.
Here is the current list of the top 20 slots:
- Starburst — NetEnt, was at the top spot in April as well
- Book of Dead — Play’n GO, just like Starburst, holds its position from April
- Bonanza — Big Time Gaming, went up by one spot
- Narcos — The biggest positive move on the list in June, going from spot number 11 in April to spot number 4 in June
- Pirates Plenty — Red Tiger, was number 8 in April but managed to climb 3 steps
- Gonzo’s Quest — NetEnt, dropped by 1 spot from April
- Extra Chilli — Big Time Gaming, stayed at spot number 7
- Dead or Alive 2 — NetEnt, the biggest drop on our list this month, going down from spot number 3 to spot number 8
- Tahiti Gold — ELK Studios, has just appeared and went straight to spot number 9
- Spinsane — NetEnt, straight to the 10th place
- Beavis and Butthead — Blueprint, just behind NetEnt’s releases
- Rise of Olympus — Play’n GO, dropped by 2 spots
- Mystery Spin Deluxe Megaways — Blueprint, came out just recently
- Wolf Gold — Pragmatic Play, appeared approximately at the same time as Mystery Spin Deluxe Megaways and was placed just behind it
- Arcane Reel Chaos — NetEnt, once again a NetEnt’s game that lost a couple of spots, 3 in this case
- Game of Gladiators — Play’n GO
- Opal Fruits — Big Time Gaming
- Mystic Wheel — Red Tiger
- Pirate Gold — Pragmatic Play, went down by 2 spots
- Reactoonz — Play’n GO, barely made it on the list, but great for Play’n GO since it was released only a couple of weeks ago.
What to Expect in Future Reports?
One thing is for sure — some games simply won’t leave the list. NetEnt is still dominant on the list with six different games that can be found there. However, the most fascinating thing is that Starburst is still the most popular slot machine in the world. Due to the fact that NetEnt had heavily advertised the game before its release, almost six years have passed since it came to the market and people are still playing it constantly, with new players coming every day.
What is it that players enjoy so much about Starburst? Is it the low volatility, the RTP of 96.09%, or the simple layout with 5 reels, 3 rows and only 10 paylines? Maybe it’s the high number of bonus features and a wide betting range? As you can see, quality definitely defeats quantity in the online gambling industry. NetEnt isn’t the company that releases the highest amount of slot games annually, but they constantly have the greatest number of titles on the iGaming Tracker’s reports.
Although it is almost certain that Starburst, Book of Dead, and Bonanza are almost certain to will take the first three spots next month, we would like to see more titles such as Tahiti Gold, Spinsane, Beavis and Butthead, Mystery Spin Deluxe Megaways, Wolf Gold, Game of Gladiators, Opal Fruits, Mystic Wheel, and Ractoonz on the list. However, until one of the providers comes up with something revolutionary that’s going to draw all the attention from other games to the new release, chances are we will see a couple of titles constantly repeating on the list in the future.