Posted in Guides May 12, 2019
How to Play Live Ultimate Texas Hold’em Like an Expert
If you think that the game of online poker rocks your boat but would like the challenges that come of a live casino environment, well it’s time to schedule a session with Ultimate Texas. Compared to the traditional game of online poker, the Live Ultimate Texas Hold’em pits you against the dealer in the search for the highest-paying hands in a live casino environment. Here, an understanding of the game and decision-making skills matter in the quest to win the pot. If you are new to the game or simply want to enhance your understanding of this card game, then the following can serve as your guide in learning how it works.
Create a Higher-Ranking Hand and Beat the Dealer
The basic principle of this poker variant remains the same. During the game, a player is dealt two cards face up and a set of community cards with a Flop, the Turn, and the River. The objective in this card game is to come up with the best hand that can beat the dealer’s hand. To do this, you need to be aware of the different hand values that can be formed in the game.
Poker Hands You Should Know
A poker hand is composed of five cards, and each card will have a value depending on its suit:
- Royal Flush. This is the highest-ranked hand that can be formed in the game. It’s a straight flush that starts from a 10 up to Ace.
- Straight Flush. Ranked second to the Royal Flush, this refers to the straight flush of the same suit, like 5 to 9 of hearts.
- Four of a Kind. This is a hand with four similar cards completed with the highest community card on the table. For example, all 5’s with the highest community card available.
- Full House. This is a three-of-a-kind and a pair. For example three ‘Kings’ and a pair of 9s or 10s.
- Flush. This is composed of five cards belonging to the same suit without regards to its ordering. If two players are holding the same flush, the hand with the highest card will end up as the winner.
- Straight. This is a series of numbered cards without regards to the suit.
- Three-of-a-Kind. This is made of up of three cards of the same kind backed by the two highest cards on the table.
- Two Pair. This is made up of two different pairs and completed using the highest card on the table.
- Pair. This is made up of a pair, say a pair of Jacks, and the three highest cards on the table.
- High Card. A player can do this if he cannot form a winning hand and only has an Ace and you will fold.
Now that you have an understanding of the pairs and combos to make, then that’s the time that you can participate and play. To start, you are allowed to make two bets, the Ante, and the Blind. In this specific version of the game, you are also allowed to make the Play Bet. If you choose to make this bet, you can raise the Ante Bet by 3x or 4x. This can be done before the Flop. For this game, a single 52-deck card is used and shuffled at the end of every round. And yes, you will play the game against the dealer.
Here’s How the Rules of the Game Works
To start the game, you will need to place the Ante and the Blind bets of the same value. Once the Ante Bet has been made, the system will automatically recognize it as a Blind Bet. Casinos may also give you a chance to make Trips Bonus Bet which can reward you with payouts if you can make ‘Three of a Kind’. Once the bets have been cleared, the dealer will then deal two cards to you and the dealer will also retain two cards. The player’s cards are dealt face up while the dealer’s cards are dealt face down.
This is the time you can raise the Ante by 3x or 4x, or you can also click the Check option. Should you raise, simply place the chosen chip value on the Play spot. You are only allowed to make one raise during this round. After completing this round, you will then pass through the Flop (which involves the first three community cards), the Turn (fourth card), and the River (final card). If you haven’t raised in the previous rounds, you are now allowed to raise your Ante Bet by 1x. Here, you can also fold and forfeit the Ante and Blind bets.
Thrilling games and a classy playing environment. This is just one of the many descriptions that one can use on The Grand Ivy Casino. Here, only the best and most premium casino services can be enjoyed. Speaking about enjoy - grab a HUGE Welcome Bonus worth up to stunning €1,500 + 100 Bonus spins today!
Determine the Winner and Your Payout in Live Ultimate Texas Hold’em
The winner is determined on who holds the highest-valued hand. You can refer to the listing of best hands above with the Royal Flush as the highest-ranked followed by Straight Flush up to a Pair. Aside from these, you can also earn a number of payouts for your Blind, Ante, and the Triple bets.
Here’s How the Blind Bet Pay Table Works
Royal Flush: Offers 500 to 1
Straight Flush: Offers 50 to 1
Four of a Kind: Offers 10 to 1
Full House: Offers 3 to 1
Flush: Offers 3 to 2
Straight: Offers 1 to 1
All other hands not included in the list: The rules call for a ‘Push’.
For even more details about poker terms and acronyms – check out HitCasinoBonus Navigator – your glossary online!