Posted in Industry January 7, 2020
How Online Casinos Have Shaped The Industry
Thanks to the internet and other technological advancements, casinos have gone online. Although many land-based casinos still exist, more players are opting for online versions of the game. One of the many reasons why online casinos are popular is because of the many benefits that they offer to clients.
As a result, the gambling industry has changed throughout the years. Not only have gambling companies kept up with technological advancements, but the industry as a whole has been involved too.
To find out how, read on the following changes that online casinos did to the gambling industry:
1. More Free And Paid Game Options
When it comes to the games available in online casinos, there’s a wide selection. You can choose from traditional slots to the more advanced blackjack. If you want to familiarize yourself with a new game, you can do so without paying a dime. This feature is available in most online casinos.
On the contrary, land-based casinos don’t allow you to play a game for free. That’s why, before entering a traditional casino, you need to have cash on-hand.
Now that’s one of the most exciting changes that the online casino made in the industry. Not only can you access more than a dozen games on one website, but you can even try their play-for-free features.
2. Accessible In Mobile And Apps
Aside from the various games, you can open an online casino anytime and anywhere. Nowadays, only a few online casinos don’t have their mobile features or apps. But mostly, mobile casino owners take advantage of mobile devices, so they make their businesses accessible.
If in the past you can only play by physically going to the establishment, now you can do so by only using your mobile phone. Isn’t that great? Well, it’s even more fun because some online casinos have their own application where you can easily tap and play your favorite game.
So if you want to play while wearing your pajamas during the wee hours of the night, then go ahead! As long as you connect to the internet, you can enjoy live tables or any online casino game.
3. Availability Of Different Payment Options
Besides gambling any time of the day, you can also use different payment methods. Unlike traditional land-based casinos, you’ll either pay using your card or cash. But with online casinos, not only can you use your card, but you can whip out your e-wallets too.
Moreover, you can even use your cryptocurrency payments to fund your online casino account. Although not all online casinos accept cryptos, a lot still do. However, some online casinos only accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the other popular cryptos.
One of the benefits of using crypto instead of fiat currencies is the anonymity it offers. Unlike bank transfers that require your personal information, crypto transactions only use public and private keys. These keys are essential in decrypting and encrypting your crypto transaction.
So if you want to get your winnings instantly, you can use e-wallets. Electronic wallets are the online version of your card so you can access it electronically via your phone or computer. Because e-wallets are made for online transactions, you can expect speedy payment transactions.
4. Offers Security
When it comes to security, most online casinos are secure. But before engaging in any online casino, you must be sure that they offer a secure website. To help you land on secure casinos, you should check the following:
- License – Just like any business, online casinos with a license means they have bankrolls. With a license, online casinos pay fees through these bankrolls, meaning they can pay you, too.
- Company Information – Aside from the license, the online casino must have its contact information on their site. Without these details, you may find it hard to look for them when any issues arise. Thus, you shouldn’t be wary of online casinos that can’t tell who they are and how you can contact them.
- Terms – More importantly, you should check the terms of the online casino. If they show clear and easy to understand terms, rules, and regulations, then the better. They should clearly state how they manage banking, accounts, game malfunctions, bonuses, and payouts. If they have ambiguous terms, then you should think twice before engaging with them.
- RNG – Moreover, an online casino should use a Random Number Generator (RNG) to make their games fair. The RNG is the primary technology that gives out random numbers. If an online casino uses RNG, you can play without any worry of deception.
- SSL Login – An online casino should use Secure Sockets Layer as well, which encrypts all the data you input. The ordinary eye may see it as meaningless, but only the software that’ll receive will know the details. You should find the SSL on payment transactions, login, and deposits.
5. Realistic Gaming Experience
Although online casinos offer convenience and security, you may be wondering whether you’ll have fun playing games in a virtual world. Well, online casinos are using technology to keep your gaming experience at its highest level. That’s why you can engage realistically with other casinos with the help of VR/AR technologies.
With Virtual Reality (VR), you can immerse yourself in a virtual casino environment. In here, the technology has motion sensors wherein you can have a 360-degree view of the virtual place. On the other hand, Augmented Reality (AR) allows you to view the other players in a real-world background using your device. Thus, you can play online games with a background of your bedroom or living room.
So instead of going to a land-based casino just to get a feel of how it’s like to play casino games, you can play online.
Online casinos have made gambling accessible for everyone in the most convenient way. Just by using your mobile device or computers, you can play with other online casinos or put on your bet. Gone are the days when you need to go to real-life casinos just to experience playing casino games.
Now, all you have to do is look for the most secure online casino where you can realistically play your favorite games.